Building on the goals and objectives of the British Columbia Fire Code and other applicable regulatory requirements the experienced staff at EMT Management Inc. will provide portable fire extinguisher training to supervisory staff and other identified key team members.
As per BC Fire Code, EMT Management will provide expert training techniques to Supervisory Staff and team members.
This two-hour program will provide participants with an understanding and skill set to work safely and confidently in the identification and safe operation of portable fire extinguishers during a small fire emergency.
Supervisory staff and team members will be familiar with fire emergency procedures and their duties in regards to small fires in their facility.
- Emergency responders will be able to identify and select the correct portable fire extinguisher;
- Have a good understanding of the classifications of fires and portable extinguisher selection;
- Emergency responders will be able to extinguish a small fire.
This training will promote effectiveness in conducting and assisting with the orderly evacuation and the spread of fire.
- What a small fire is;
- Classifications of fire;
- Leading fire causes;
- Fire prevention;
- Importance of portable fire extinguishers;
- Types of portable fire extinguishers;
- How to use portable fire extinguishers;
- Making the right decision;
- Reporting an emergency;
- Using a portable extinguisher.