This one-day (7 hours) "hands on" program will provide participants with an understanding and ability to act safely and effectively as part of a response team during a major emergency.
EMT Management Inc's goal is to provide enough basic information and practice to allow the team members to be safe at the end of the day with the fact that they could run a safe search if it was necessary. This course is not Heavy Urban Search and Rescue.
- Introduction to Incident Command system roles and duties
- Basic Search techniques
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Home Preparedness Ideas
- Reading Materials
The group will break into two teams and will conduct two practice exercises - one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
The participants will recognize:
- Search team composition and preparation
- Essential safety equipment
- Duties of team members
- Communication techniques between team members
- Techniques of safe search
- This is a very physical course and may not be suitable for some people.
- During the scenarios nontoxic theatrical smoke is used
- During the scenarios safety approved equipment is worn examples: helmets, dust-masks, goggles and gloves.
Minimum 18 persons - maximum 24 persons
For Pricing, please Contact Us!